Thursday 26 January 2012

Get A Taste: The Kingdom




Tara of Basically Books and I often read very different books but sometimes find interesting new books to potentially add to the ever-growing monsters that our TBR piles have morphed into. However, we know that we do not have 100% the same taste and we wanted another way of getting a look at these books...

Do you ever feel like getting a bit of a taster for a book you’ve been thinking of reading but aren’t fully sold on yet? Do you feel like sharing a taster for your current read with the world? Well, here’s your chance.

Each week the random number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100 for books with pages or 1 and 25% for ebooks. We figured that these numbers would keep us out of spoiler territory. Open your book to the specified place and pick a paragraph. Share it with the world!

This week the numbers are: 
page 54 for books
4% for ebooks

My book is: 


click image to go to Goodreads page


"The girl spared a brief nod before finishing with the books. Then she turned and strode to a closed door, rapped once and slipped inside.  A moment later she reappeared and motioned me around the counter. As she stepped aside to allow me to enter the room, I saw that her eyes were focused - not on me - but on a point just beyond my shoulder. I had the strangest feeling that if I followed her gaze, I would find nothing there. It was a disquieting sensation because, with a few exceptions, I'm the one who sees what others cannot."


This book is an ARC from NetGalley. I finished it last night and WOW! More please! The book isn't due for release until March and as such my review will not be up until early March.


It is the second book in The Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens. The first book is The Restorer. If you like paranormal murder mystery aimed at adults, I highly recommend this series! I am pretty much foaming at the mouth I want to get my hands on the next one so badly!




2 comments:

  1. WOOOO!!! Our second meme is up and running :D

    hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! ^^ Now I hope everyone goes and reads this authors! XD

    ReplyDelete

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).