Monday 23 July 2012

The Cover Wars: Vampire Academy




Tara of Basically Books and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.

The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week we will be comparing the covers of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

US cover                                            UK cover

Rea says: I find myself a bit torn about this one. I’m not really overly fond of covers with photographed models on the cover like the US one but the UK is lacking something too. The Rose on it makes me think of Beauty and the Beast, while really it’s supposed to be portraying Rose, the main character (or at least I assume it is).I think I’m going to go with the UK one, though I have no clear reason why.

Tara says:  The US one has girl and a gate and that’s it for me, nothing stands out and it looks like any other book with a girl on the cover. The UK one is so pretty with the rose and then at the top there is that blood dripping down - and I really like that!  UK for me :D

Score:

Week 27:     US: 4     UK: 14     Draw: 8

Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.
Step 4: Compare the two.
Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.
Step 6: Post it and share it!
Thanks and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think either one says anything about the story I like the graphic novel covers so much better but I would say the US just because a rose has nothing to do with the story besides the name of the main character it just looks pretty! I like the signature academy gate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the US cover this time. She looks like she is up to something. I hope it involves biting someone. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).