Thursday 9 August 2012

Get A Taste: Throne of Glass


Tara of Basically Books and I often read very different books but sometimes find interesting new books to potentially add to the ever-growing monsters that our TBR piles have morphed into. However, we know that we do not have 100% the same taste and we wanted another way of getting a look at these books...

Do you ever feel like getting a bit of a taster for a book you’ve been thinking of reading but aren’t fully sold on yet? Do you feel like sharing a taster for your current read with the world? Well, here’s your chance.

Each week the random number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100 for books with pages or 1 and 25% for ebooks. We figured that these numbers would keep us out of spoiler territory. Open your book to the specified place and pick a paragraph. Share it with the world!

The numbers for this week are:
Page 21 for books
16% for ebooks

My book:




When Chaol came to fetch her the next morning, he found her sleeping on the floor, wrapped in a blanket. "Sardothian," he said. She made a mumbling noise, burying her face father into the pillow. "Why are you sleeping on the ground?" She opened an eye. Of course, he didn't mention how different she looked now that she was clean.

She didn't bother concealing herself with the blanket as she stood. The yards of fabric they called a nightgown covered her enough. "The bed was uncomfortable," she said simply but quickly forgot the captain as she beheld the sunlight.

Pure, fresh, warm sunlight. Sunlight that she could bask in all day if she got her freedom, sunlight to drown out the endless dark of the mines.


Tara took a quote from this one last week but as I spent all day Sunday reading it, I decided that I wanted to have it up as my book, too, though I suppose that I could have chosen another book had I really wanted to. I was actually a frequent reader on FictionPress when Sarah J. Maas was publishing this (as Queen of Glass) on there but the length of it made it too daunting for me to tackle - something I came to regret later. I'm glad I got this opportunity to read it now! I've finished the book already. Review will be coming sooner or later.



Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Get A Taste image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Find the designated page for the week.
Step 4: Type out a paragraph or so from your book.
Step 5: Post it and share it!
We would appreciate it if you'd leave a comment letting us know where we can find your post. We'll be sure to pop on by and leave a comment!
Thanks and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Throne of Glass. I enjoyed the excerpt you shared and am definitely curious about the story. Thanks for sharing this!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. That small paragraph was so intriguing

    ReplyDelete

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).