Monday 6 August 2012

The Cover Wars: Room




Tara of Basically Books and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.

The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week we will be comparing the covers of Room by Emma Donoghue.

US cover                                      UK cover

Rea says: Both of these covers are very appealing. They both catch my eye and leave me wanting to crack open the book. This said, I adore the simplicity of the US cover. US for me.

Tara says:  I like them both so very much and they are very appealing. The UK one is blue, it has a little house and it just makes me want to read it. The US one is simple and yet I feel as if it’s going to be a great book. Just because it’s simple yet eye-catching, and I have seen it so many times, I will go with the US one.

Score:

Week 29:

US: 5     UK: 15     Draw: 8

Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.
Step 4: Compare the two.
Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.
Step 6: Post it and share it!
Thanks and have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).