Thursday 16 February 2012

Get A Taste: The Other Life


Tara of Basically Books and I often read very different books but sometimes find interesting new books to potentially add to the ever-growing monsters that our TBR piles have morphed into. However, we know that we do not have 100% the same taste and we wanted another way of getting a look at these books...

Do you ever feel like getting a bit of a taster for a book you’ve been thinking of reading but aren’t fully sold on yet? Do you feel like sharing a taster for your current read with the world? Well, here’s your chance.

Each week the random number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100 for books with pages or 1 and 25% for ebooks. We figured that these numbers would keep us out of spoiler territory. Open your book to the specified place and pick a paragraph. Share it with the world!

This week the numbers are: 
page 80 for books
19% for ebooks


My book is:

Click image to go to Goodreads page


Karen got down on her knees. Carefully, she slipped off my sneaker and still-bloody sock. I winced as she pulled away the sodden cotton. She inspected the sole of my foot with a deep frown. "More stitches," she said with an apologetic smile. I took a deep breath through my nose and leaned my head against the backrest, my eyes squuezed shut.

Honestly, I'm not actually reading this book right now - it was just the closest one at hand. It is high up on my list of what to get to next, though! It looks good. :) I like the bloody butterfly on the cover!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).