Monday 28 May 2012

The Cover Wars: I Am Number Four


Tara of Basically Books and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.

The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week we will be comparing the covers of I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.

       
US Cover                                                 UK Cover

Rea says: What’s with that swirl on both covers? Maybe it’d make more sense to me if I actually read the book, but I have no idea what it’s meant to be. Which means that my decision this week boils down to the colour of the cover. The bright yellowy-orange of the US edition is a bit too in-your-face for my tastes. I am rather fond of the orange fading to black of the UK cover though. So UK it is for me.

Tara says: They both have that swirly design on it, and I understand why, as I have read the book and watched the I Am Number Four movie, but I feel it could have been better for both. The US is orange, boring and plain. The UK version is orange, black and more appealing to me. It’s UK for me.

Score:

Week 19:     US: 2     UK: 11     Draw: 5

Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.
Step 4: Compare the two.
Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.
Step 6: Post it and share it!
Thanks and have fun!


3 comments:

  1. I prefer the UK cover, it's a really nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really like either but I prefer the UK one. The cover I have is the movie one and it's nice enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the US cover! I actually have a copy and it feels so awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).