Monday 21 May 2012

The Cover Wars: Slide


Tara of Basically Books and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.

The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week we will be comparing the covers of Slide by Jill Hathaway.

       
US Cover                                                 UK Cover

Rea says: I like the pretty girl on the US cover who seems to be looking out over something that draws her full attention, especially with that spotlight in the background. But while the US cover is visually appealing, it just doesn’t draw me the way the UK one does. The UK cover had me the moment I saw it. I love that horrified girl with the reflection of the murderer in her eye. Just love her! If I saw both of these books side by side in a bookstore, there’s no doubt that I would go straight for the UK cover.

Tara says: This one is really easy for me, the US version is pretty and nice but it doesn’t draw me in as much as the UK one. The UK one draws me in, because of the big eye, the bright colours and just the fact it just seems more appealing for the book. So I am going with UK.

Score:

Week 18:     US: 2     UK: 10     Draw: 5
Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.
Step 4: Compare the two.
Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.
Step 6: Post it and share it!
Thanks and have fun!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).